Tips for your preparation
TargetÂ orientedÂ labor
- OnlyÂ Labor:Â Gives youÂ 30â40 %Â success
- TargetÂ orientedÂ labor:Â ProvidesÂ 70%Â success
- That means: You should know where to read and how much to readÂ and not to waste time reading unnecessaryÂ things which are least asked.
MethodsÂ toÂ improveÂ yourÂ memory
- TryÂ toÂ correlateÂ theÂ thingsÂ andÂ rememberÂ ratherÂ thanÂ purelyÂ mugging
- GroupÂ studyÂ orÂ coupleÂ study
- RecallingÂ everyÂ night
- Booster revisions: Should be done before you totally forget the matter (i.e. in short interval)
- Mnemonics:Â GoodÂ but should be limited.
RegularlyÂ AssessÂ Yourself
MostÂ ofÂ theÂ studentsÂ assessÂ theirÂ preparationÂ directlyÂ atÂ theÂ examÂ hallÂ whichÂ isÂ absolutelyÂ worst methodÂ ofÂ assessing.Â You should assess your standard on daily basis and modify your preparation style according to the requirement. YouÂ can do that by:
- GroupÂ study:Â Comparing yourself withÂ your friends.
- Self-assessmentÂ by recalling everyÂ night (last two hours post dinner)
- Grand test: Assess whether studying is reflected in the performance or not. You can compare yourself withÂ students throughout India.
RoleÂ ofÂ GrandÂ test
- HelpsÂ inÂ assessingÂ yourself
- Any trials and errors can be attempted in grand tests and whichever experiment is successful can be executedÂ in main exam
- To learnÂ time adjustment
- ToÂ enhanceÂ guessingÂ ability
- To improveÂ self-confidence
- To compare your performance with others.