FINALLY, WHILE CHOOSING A PG SEAT
Students choose a PG seat either: By choice or By chance
- By choice (Similar to Love marriage): Take your dream PG seat (this happens only when you get a desired rank). Only few blessed students fall in this category
- By chance (Similar to Arrange marriage): Take the available PG seat (this happens when you get a rank, but not good enough to get your choice subject) Most of the students will fall in this
If you have a rank but not good enough to get your choice subject, you have two options.
- Take what is available
- Wait for the next
This is again a controversial situation. Many have opinions in both the categories.
- Some say that you can enjoy the subject only if it is your dream
- Some say that you should not waste time in waiting as there is no guarantee that you will do better in the next exam and in the current online multi session exam pattern, the situation is highly
Best way to solve this issue is:
Try to see the difference between love marriage and arrange marriage.
- There is no guarantee that, in love marriage you will not fight and you will have a peaceful
- Love is there in arrange marriage also, but it is created after
Our advice as time is precious:
- Never wait long to get your desired
- Develop interest in the subject what you
- Do justice with your subject in your 3 years of PG
- And in turn, the subject will give you name, fame and prosper throughout your
- If you dislike the subject, then it will end-up in divorce (i.e. you will leave the course or will live throughout .
Â STRATEGY TO CHOOSE PG SEAT
Prepare a Priority list of subject-college combinations, Â based on your rank and last year counseling
College priority to be prepared:
- This is equally imp because whatever subject you take you will be master of that if you do in AIIMS/PGI/JIPMER/CMC kind of college.
- Even if the subject is of low priority, it will give you more satisfaction as you will be easily famous in your locality and country.
DEMO- Who will feel more satisfied in job and more famous in world?
- A state cricket player of India who is struggling to get chance in national team (e.g. doing medicine from state college) or
- Bangladesh cricket captain(e.g. doing pathology from PGI)
Subject priority to be prepared; based on the following facts
Based on work nature, Â work time and your desire to earn name and money – i.e.
- For 9-5 job duty (faculty job is best)-
- Subject preference should be based on job vacancy
- All subject will have same salary, but night duty will be there only in some clinical Subject.
(A medicine faculty always gets frustrated by seeing a dermatology faculty)
- For 7am- 9pm duty (Private Practice is best)- Income is partly based on subject and partly your luckâ¦ so here you can give imp to certain subject like RD, Paed, Ortho etc. But remember, lot of risk is involved in practice and be prepare for that.
- Females should keep in mind that they have to manage family in future, so just for infatuation sake, do not go for OBG. Be prepare that you will have duties and lot of professional responsibility before taking OBG).
- If choosing RD, anesthesia- Be prepare that there is no patient interaction. Do not cry later.
- If choosing medicine/surgery– Be prepare that DM/Mch is MUST, so lot of hard work is expected in future and settlement is always late.
- If Choosing psychiatry/radiotherapy- Be prepare that patientâs compliance is poor, so job satisfaction of curing a patient you may/may not get
- If choosing para-clinical and non -clinical- Be prepare that there is no patient exposure, but has advantage of no duty, same salary if working as faculty and most important â no need to prepare again.